apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/helpers make_export.pl
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 00:32:12 GMT

> By the way...  I found another little exports.c problem today:
> 
> On OS/390, the symbols generated by the C compiler are (effectively)
> tagged as variables or functions.  In exports.c, we lie about
> apr_month_snames and apr_day_snames, claiming that they are functions
> like everything else.  On OS/390, this breaks at link time because
> there is a mismatch in the symbol tag -- variable (as implemented by
> APR) vs. function (as requested by exports.c).
> 
> It would seem that the table(s) from which exports.c are generated
> will need to encode whether the symbol is a variable or function.
> 
> OTOH, if we know the feature test macro to use, we can go back to
> including all the APR header files and thus generated exports.c can
> avoid hard-coding a declaration for symbols.  This would avoid the
> invalid declarations for apr_*_snames.

Fixing this is trivial once I finish modifying buildexports.sh.  This is
turning out to be a VERY extensible way to solve the problem.

Ryan

_______________________________________________________________________________
Ryan Bloom                        	rbb@apache.org
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Mime
View raw message