apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject RE: cvs access for httpd group
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2000 01:27:06 GMT
On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Fielding, Roy wrote:
> > Not true.  You can use the '-R' flag to CVS to make it a read-only
> > non-locking checkout, or you can check it out via anoncvs.
>
> Hmmm, never heard of that... I'll see if it works with ampersand modules.
> Though I still think it would be better to just give everyone in httpd
> access to apr.  Lowers the entry barrier.

True; my response was something of a knee-jerk to a request to change our
standard mode of operation (and expanding permissions to a much larger
group of people) due to what seemed to be a usage-related bug.  Also if
the expectation for the future was that being in the "httpd" group was
going to mean automatic privs on the "apr" group, that mapping would need
to be remembered by anyone creating accounts in the future for httpd
developers, and would most likely not be.  Of course, if apr had been a
codebase under the httpd project, there wouldn't be a problem with
this.  =)

> If nothing else, could someone please add me to the apr access group?
> I did ask for it before and I am qualified to work on apr -- I've been
> reading this mailing list since it started.

OK, you're now in the unix group "apr".  You can add yourself to the avail
file entry for it if you want commit privs.

	Brian