apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr apr.dsp apr.mak
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2000 18:19:05 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> [...]

Here's a radical idea: Keep the two MSVC projects, but use only one file
list. How? Simple -- don't use MSVC to generate the project files.

Or rather, generate the project files once, then split out the file list
into a separate file. Maintain that by hand, and splice the pieces
together using a script. The result can even be updated automatically by
a checkin script. Oh, and forget the makefiles MSVC will write for you;
they're mainly a pain.

I know this means editing MSVC-generated files, but I've found this much
easier to do than trying to maintain non-trivial projects through the
GUI. The only caveat is that the generated .dsp's must have DOS-like
"\r\n" line endings.

I can have a go at that -- next year :-) -- if other people agree.

Oh, another thing: the public symbols should be exported either via the
.def file or with APR_DECLARE wrappers. Mixing the two is confusing, IMHO.

--
Brane Čibej
    home:   <brane@xbc.nu>             http://www.xbc.nu/brane/