apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: config tests (was: Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support ...)
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2000 22:21:23 GMT
On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 04:57:10PM -0500, greg wrote:
> Greg Stein wrote:
> >
> >                   I'm thinking that we want to have a
> > file describe the features it needs, then ask APR to get them for us.
> >
> > For example:
> >
> > #define APR_WANT_STDIO 1
> > #define APR_WANT_MEM_FUNCS 1
> > #define APR_WANT_STR_FUNCS 1
> > #include "apr_want.h"
> >

> Love the concept...don't like the timing. Can it wait until after the
> beta?

I believe the beta is indefinitely delayed. It'll be at least a week.

That said: I'm out of town Saturday thru Thursday, so I wouldn't be doing
this for a while anyways.

> I've been fighting OS/390 build problems for over a day because of the
> apr-util/.libs change.

If we reverted that change and just went against the .la again, would that
work for you? The use of .libs should never have happened.

> Sounds like it's giving David Reed some grief also.

That is also simply fixed by passing --disable-shared from the top-level
configure. Although, we should be able to work with shared libraries, so we
need to find out what his "human intervention" really means. In other words,
--disable-shared simply hides other problems that need to be fixed. By the
time that we release, we should not be using --disable-shared.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/