apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject [wrowe@rowe-clan.net: RE: *.exports in distro bundle, use of Perl on Windows (was: Re: make_export.awk)]
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2000 21:33:36 GMT
----- Forwarded message from "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> -----

From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
Subject: RE: *.exports in distro bundle, use of Perl on Windows (was: Re: make_export.awk)
To: "'Greg Stein'" <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 15:20:28 -0600

Ack... there was -no- particular reason I used Perl, other than it was
most handy, and is already used for all .dsp (and my early attempts at bcc)
munging already.

I'll change, no problem.  The only advantage to Perl is that it is the one
free interpreted language many Windows web authors may have already installed.
Awk is definately a stretch - only diehards already have it installed.

Bill

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/