apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: make_export.awk
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2000 20:49:16 GMT
On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 09:27:13PM +0100, Sascha Schumann wrote:
> > What makes you think the awk solution is any more portable than the Perl
> > solution?  I would much rather determine what is happening than to just
> > give up on the Perl solution.  Please take a look at the definition of
> > those functions and make sure they actually match the regex.  You could
> > try upgrading your Perl version.
>     I've just finished testing the AWK script with gawk 3.0.6
>     under Win98.  It works flawlessly and produces the same
>     output as under Unix.  Additionally, I've now verified that
>     Solaris' nawk handles the script.

Excellent.

>     I'm quite reluctant to spend time on upgrading Perl or trying
>     to find a workaround for a bug in Perl, if we have a suitable
>     solution for all those problems at hand.

Check for *duplicates* in your output. I don't think the Perl one was
missing the exports -- I think you're getting dups now.

> > This is a useless conversation until we have those answers.
>
>     OtherBill/anyone else? Anything to add?

The Windows thing only does a search/replace. It does not need Perl. IOW, we
can safely say that Windows doesn't require Perl.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/