apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Could buildconf be renamed to autogen.sh?
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:44:10 GMT
On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 02:34:44PM +0100, Sascha Schumann wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Greg Stein wrote:
> > *) Subversion uses autogen.sh
> > *) APR and Apache uses buildconf
> > *) APRUTIL uses buildconf.sh (I stayed with the buildconf name, but felt
> >    that adding the .sh was much more declarative about what is going on)
> >
> > I'm +1 on changing APR and Apache to buildconf.sh.
>
>     And PrintPath, TestCompile, GuessOS, GuessCodeset, CutRule,
>     MakeEtags, fp2rp, mfhead as well?
>
>     What it is the point of starting a mass orgy of renaming
>     files?

Who said that I was going to start renaming those? :-) Or anything for that
matter?

Besides, as I said: the .sh extension is more for the user to know "oh, this
is a shell script that I can run." Those other scripts you mention are all
"internal" so who cares how they're named? Heck, let's call them script1,
script2, and script3. :-)

Cheers,
-g

--