apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject test directories (was: Re: ARGH!)
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 01:43:14 GMT
On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 04:29:31PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> [...]

Like I said: new news to me :-)

I'll tinker with Apache and APRUTIL to fix this. Somebody had added test to
Apache, then I nuked it thinking "woah, we don't build anything in there, so
don't recurse." Then I realized that we wanted to *clean* the test
directories, so I put test back into Apache and added it to APRUTIL :-)

Time to go do it the Right Way. I'll leave a turd in STATUS about this.

> However, I don't see an issue with creating a util/ directory that has thing
> like you describe - small bits of useful code that help the user with the
> package.  Or just call it support/ in keeping with httpd's structure.

I'd call it util/ since it isn't supporting anything :-), but would be okay
with support/ if people leaned in that direction more.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/