apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: src/ directory (was: Re: apr-util comments)x
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 08:01:04 GMT
On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 09:19:07PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> [...]

Why are we using two different .dsp files for this? You should be able to
set up the four types of compiles within the single .dsp:

1) Release DLL
2) Debug DLL
3) Release LIB
4) Debug LIB

Aren't the LIB/DLL differences just in the link line? Feed them a bunch of
objects and link them as a LIB or as a DLL.

In this scenario, there would be just a single file list, and you would have
a bunch of .obj files to feed the LIB link (rather than needing an empty
stub file).

The files are compiled different for release vs debug; are they also
*compiled* differently for DLL vs LIB?

Cheers,
-g

--