apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/include apr_lib.h
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2000 14:03:46 GMT
On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 07:42:55AM -0600, Sam TH wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 10:11:43AM -0000, gstein@locus.apache.org wrote:
> > gstein      00/12/03 02:11:43
> >
> >   Modified:    include  apr_lib.h
> >   Log:
> >   isascii() is not available on PowerPC versions of BeOS. Supply a definition.
>
> This still doesn't work.  It turns out that neither BEOS nor
> __POWER_PC__ is defined at the point in Subversion that this gets used
> and likely not in other APR-using apps either.  So, new patch, using
> HAVE_isascii, which doesn't require including apr_private.h, despite
> Ryan's worry.

That isn't going to work. HAVE_isascii MUST be defined before reaching that
point, which means *some* kind of config header must be included. It may
happen to work for you simply because the darn thing isn't defined.

Don't worry about it... we'll get a solution worked out. I got the
impression David was looking into it :-)

> Also, defining it before using it is helpful. :-)

Those are macros. It doesn't matter at all, which is why I put it later. I
felt it more important to see the "real" macros first and foremost. Then, as
an extra bit of support, the definition comes in later.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/