apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: compilation difficulties on BeOS
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2000 08:57:01 GMT
On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 01:28:36AM -0600, Sam TH wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 08:13:30PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > I looks like stdlib isn't being included, so the compiler is assuming that
> > malloc is defined as "int malloc(int)", but it has to return a void *, so
> > it is complaining.  Could you look in apr_private.h, and ensure that
> > HAVE_STDLIB_H is being defined to be 1.
> >

> Well, this discovered the real problem, which is
> $ cat apr_private.h
> /* include/apr_private.h.  Generated automatically by configure.  */
> $
>
> And
> creating include/apr_private.h
> /bin/cat: ./include/apr_private.h.in: No such file or directory
>
> There is no include/apr_private.h.in, either in my working copy or in
> CVSWeb.  Methinks this is a mistake.  There is an apr_private.hw, but
> it says it's just for windows.
>
> Hope this helps

That is generated by ./buildconf in the APR directory. It is created by
autoconf or autoheader (I forget which). Something must have happened to it
after you ran buildconf.

(apr/buildconf is run by Apache's buildconf, or SVN's autogen.sh; if you're
building APR separately, then you must run that before anything else)

"make distclean" in the root will delete apr_private.h.in (along with most
everything else). Did you run that at some point?

btw, I've fixed libsvn_ra_dav/ in SVN. You shouldn't have any troubles
building SVN now.

Cheers,
-g

--