apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject cvs access for httpd group
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 02:29:11 GMT
I understand the desire for a separate core group for APR,
but the fact is that everyone working on httpd must have
the ability to checkout APR, and we can't do that if the
group permissions are more restrictive than for httpd.

fielding@mana% cvs -d dev.apache.org:/home/cvs checkout apr
cvs server: Updating apr
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/home/cvs/apr' (/home/cvs/apr/#cvs.lock):
Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/home/cvs/apr'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

I think it is safe to include everyone in httpd and simply ask
non-APR people to post patches rather than commit directly.

....Roy