apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [BeOS patch] change the way dependencies are built in APR makefiles
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:58:59 GMT
Sascha Schumann <sascha@schumann.cx> writes:

> On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
> > These changes are pretty simple...  David, I'll go ahead and commit if
> > you want but the changes are not tested.
>
>     I *really* dislike defining MKDEP in every single Makefile.
>
>     Does it make maintenance easier?
>
>     Does it help you to understand the overall system?
>
>     Is it less error prone?
>
>     No. So, what is the point of defining the same stupid thing
>     over and over?

To keep Greg and Ryan happy, mostly :)  I'm happy with the other
changes they proposed, but that one seemed a little short sighted.
But getting back to reality, it is pretty minor to fix later, and it
is reasonable to wait until we have real breakage to solve.

Sure, I think we'll end up with rules.mk or similar, but for now we
have forward progress and no quibbling about a detail that can be
fixed in half an hour once it becomes important.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...