apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: controlling the flavor of lock used by APR
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:22:41 GMT
rbb@covalent.net writes:

> > > This would be moving backwards.  This test was originally after the FCNTL
> > > test, but we moved it, I can't remember why.  Please look this up before
> > > making this change.
> >
> > of course you're right about the order!
> Would you mind clueing me in as to why I was right?

Why you were right about leaving the location of the
AC_DECIDE(USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE...) alone?  I had misunderstood the
generated shell script and thought that as soon as one of the
AC_IFALLYES() matched we'd stop executing subsequent tests.  Thus, I
thought that fcntl should be checked for first and SysV sem last in
order to prefer fcntl.  However, the preferred methods have to be
checked for last, so the order has been right all along (well, since
March when you changed it).

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message