apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: OK...
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:53:38 GMT
"David Reid" <dreid@jetnet.co.uk> writes:

> [OK, I'm getting better at this Reply To All stuff...]

I still haven't gotten the hang of it :(  Maybe I need to study the
GNUS manual to figure out how to avoid editing the cc line to keep me
out of it.

> > > 1.  Modify connect to take an apr_sockaddr_t instead of a hostname...
> This
> > > is a simple change so I'll make it sooner rather than later.
> >
> > yes...
>
> OK, I've done some work on this but am getting an error now
> Could not connect: Can't assign requested address (49)
>
> I've got to drive to Suffolk in a short while so I'll post the patch at the
> end of this message and let someone else figure out where I've screwed up!
> :)

I'll start working on that.

> > > 2. Are we agreed on Jeff's suggestions of
> > > Add apr_pool_t * to apr_sockaddr_t.
> > > apr_status_t apr_get_address(char **hostname, apr_interface_e which,
> > > apr_socket_t *sock);
> > > apr_status_t apr_get_nas(char **addr, apr_sockaddr_t *sa);
> > > These are new additions sos houldn't interfere with any existing
> > > code.
> >
> > I am.
>
> Good.

There was an implied ":)" after "I am."

more comments on the rest later... for now I'll look at apr_connect()
and make an attempt at fixing the Win32 and OS/2 builds to include
apr_inet_ntop() and apr_inet_pton().

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...