apr-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: Mission Statement
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 21:55:20 GMT
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> This is a good one, although we could change the last fragment to "... layer
> to many operating systems, such as *nix, Windows, BeOS, and OS/2."
>
> Somebody recently said OS/390 generally runs as Unix, so maybe we don't have
> to list that one :-). Hrm. And there is Netware. Grr. Where does it end?! :-)

    We want to support systems which conform to POSIX (and no,
    systems conforming to some draft other than the final one
    don't count). ;-)

> +1 on Karl's (maybe tweak the OS stuff)
> +0 on Bill's (minus the daemon stuff)
> -0 on Ryan's

    Ok, I can see how Karl's mission statement can help us to
    decide questions like "Do we accept a GUI abstraction as
    contribution?". Having said, +1 on his proposal.

    - Sascha