apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/threadproc/win32 proc.c
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:12:46 GMT

> gstein 00/11/25 18:03:13
>
>  Modified:    include  apr_thread_proc.h
>               threadproc/beos proc.c
>               threadproc/os2 proc.c
>               threadproc/unix proc.c
>               threadproc/win32 proc.c
>  Log:
>  The arguments to apr_create_process() should be "const" since we aren't
>  going to change them. It is also quite possible that args are constant
>  strings (thus, we *definitely* better not change them).
>
>  "env" got the same treatment.

-1.  From the execve man page on Linux:

       int  execve  (const  char  *filename, char *const argv [],
       char *const envp[]);

and Single UNIX:

       int execve(const char *path, char *const argv[], char *const envp[]);

And we use execve.  We shouldn't be holding our users up to a higher level
on const-ification than POSIX calls for.  Plus, this causes warnings that
are almost impossible to get rid of in Apache.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131