apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Splitting APR from Apache.
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 21:18:45 GMT

This is scheduled to happen early next week, and we still need to decide
how to go about doing this.  Here is my thought on the matter.

1)  On locus:
	cp -R /home/cvs/apache-2.0/src/lib/apr /home/cvs/apr

2)  On remote machine
	cd apache-2.0/src/lib/
	cvs rm -R apr
	cvs commit apr

	cd
	cvs co apr
	cp -R apr apache-2.0/src/lib
	cvs import apr

This allows us to keep the history for APR with the actual code, which is
where it belongs.  This also allows us keep APR with Apache, which should
take care of some of the harrier issues that came up when splitting the
docs tree.

The final part to this, is that we would need to do a fresh cvs import as
a cron job on locus every once in a while.  I would suggest starting with
once a week, and moving it up as necessary.

I would expect any developer working on both APR and Apache to do:

	cvs co apache-2.0
	cd apache-2.0/src/lib
	rm -Rf apr
	cvs co apr

I'm not 100% sure this will work, but it sounds and looks like it will to
me.

Thoughts?

Ryan
406 29th St.