apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Mission Statement
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 21:04:40 GMT

> > > : The Apache Portable Run-time mission is to provide a library of routines
> > > : that allows programmers to write a program once and be able to compile
> > > : it anywhere.
> > >
> > > So, let's have at it.   :-)
> >
> > I see no reason to make a "mission" any more complicated than that.
>
>     Hm, it looks a bit broad.
>
>     Or can I compile my GUI program on Unicos using APR?
>
>     Do we intend to be able to do that somewhen in the future?

I have always had it in my head that it would be nice to get some gui
stuff in APR at some point, a LONG time from now.  If this sort of thing
is ever added, it would be with compile time switches to shut it off
completely.

Or, the GUI part could end up a sub-project of APR, something like
apr-gui.  That would still make it a part of the APR project, but
completely disjoint from APR when it comes to the actual code/libraries.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131