apr-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Fogel <kfo...@galois.collab.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/threadproc/win32 proc.c
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:06:12 GMT
I'm curious -- how does it cause warnings to have a const in the
prototype of a function you're calling with non-const data?  It seems
odd to me that this would cause a problem... Perhaps there's something
else going on here?

I mean, we're writing the functions, and we know we're not going to
change that data, right?

(Or is the issue that when we pass some of the data through to
execve() or whatever, it's making less strict promises than our
wrapper does, so we'd have to, ick, cast?)

-K