apr-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Fogel <kfo...@galois.collab.net>
Subject Re: Mission Statement
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:54:03 GMT
+1 on the mission statement.

Maybe add that it's not about providing user interface code (GUI or
otherwise), but rather a system portability layer and a library of
common C data structures and routines.

So, something like:

   The Apache Portable Run-time mission is to provide a free library
   of C data structures and routines, forming a system portability
   layer to most Unices and the major commercial operating systems.

Since APR already exists, it is pretty much its own mission statement,
and I doubt we'll have unresolvable disagreement over what should go
in it.  The above tweaks are mainly to head off questions of adding
GUI or other interface features (which seem distinct from the current
APR mission), or bending over backwards to support very rare and
exceptional platforms (also seems not worth it, IMHO).

-K