apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr hints.m4
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 02:21:38 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

>> I would imagine you're right. I'll try to come up with an autoconf test
>> for that, then.
>

> Oh, don't put yourself back. My point was more for future work in hints.m4
> or if somebody wants to spend some time trying to clean some hints out of
> there, in favor of autoconf macros.

To tell the truth, I was (sub)conciously taking the easy way out. An
autoconf check like that would be slightly dirty: "Is h_errno defined in
<netdb.h>? No? What if I define FOO? Still not there? Then what if ..."
You get the picture. Certainly it can be parametrized, though.

Right now I was just about fit to burst what with always having to
configure APR on HP-UX twice, because I forgot the define the first
time, and being too lazy to write a script to do it for me ...

Yah. I'll fix that soon.

--
Brane ─îibej
    home:   <brane@xbc.nu>             http://www.xbc.nu/brane/