apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: APR has moved repository, please tweak your working copies...
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2000 02:04:46 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 02:27:01AM +0100, Branko Cibej wrote:
>
>> Karl Fogel wrote:
>>
>>> APR has broken out from Apache and moved to its own repository.
>>> Subversion people should do the following:
>>>
>>>    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@locus.apache.org:/home/cvs login
>>>      (enter anon password)
>>

> That should be "anoncvs" rather than "anonymous". And the password is
> "anoncvs" also.

Yeah, I just quoted the original ...

>> [etc.]
>>
>> O.K., so I'm dumb, I admit it.
>>
>>     cvs login: authorization failed: server apache.org rejected access
>>
>> That's both :pserver: and :ext: via ssh, to both apache.org and
>> locus.apache.org (and I can ssh to locus and have set up my ssh
>> authorization there).
>

> You probably want to use SSH for APR since that will allow you to make
> changes. The command would look like:
>
> cvs -d :ext:brane@apache.org:/home/cvs co apr
>
> (assuming you have CVS_RSH set and your authorized_keys set up on locus)

That's exactly what I did. Huh. It must be some weirdness on my machine.
Oh yes, I'm doing this from cygwin, maybe that's it? Through a
masquerading firewall? But then, why would a normal ssh login work fine?

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice.

--
Brane ─îibej
    home:   <brane@xbc.nu>             http://www.xbc.nu/brane/