apr-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Windows weinies.. :-)
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:00:56 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Are you saying that CVS can't handle spaces in the names?

Yes.  For instance, WinCVS (and possibly all CVS clients on
Windows) gets well and truly hosed by this.

> However, the docs have been generated like this for a few months
> now, and they have been on-line at http://apache-two-oh.covalent.net
> for about a month, so if this was really a problem for somebody,
> then it should have been solved already.

Irrelevant; they're going onto the Apache site now, and that's
when a problem with it has been noticed.  What you do with your
stuff on your own machine is an entirely different matter from
what gets put on the Apache site.  If you wanted to do something
like use "find . -name \*.html | xargs perl -pi -e 's:2000:2001:g;'"
(as an example of global changing that has occurred many times in
other projects), you cannot.

I repeat: -1 on ANY filenames with embedded whitespace (or other
special characters) in the APR CVS modules.

I will zap these files out of the repository after lunch.
--
#ken    P-)}