apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject controlling the flavor of lock used by APR
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:51:42 GMT
Does anyone have thoughts on what should be done in hints.m4 to set
the flavor of lock for a certain platform?

I think something like this would be reasonable in hints.m4:

    *-ibm-os390)
        (existing stuff)
        apr_lock_method="sysv_sem"           (or "flock" or "fcntl" or "proc_pthread")
        ;;

I'm not yet sure how to change the configure.in logic but it can't be
too hard :)

I don't yet completely understand the current logic for deciding, but
part of it doesn't look right:

AC_IFALLYES(custom:union_semun,
            AC_DECIDE(USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE, [SysV IPC semget()]))

AFAIK, this says that if have_union_semun is set, we'll use SysV
semaphores.  But have_union_semun is rarely set since it is up to the
program to define union semun.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...