apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/aputil apu_private.hw
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 20:39:14 GMT
On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 11:08:14AM -0800, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> From: "Greg Stein" <gstein@lyra.org>
> To: <new-httpd@apache.org>
>

> > I just made some changes to mpm/winnt/, but couldn't compile them. Since it
> > was basically just tweaking the types, could you update from CVS and see if
> > it still compiles properly?
>
> Dirtier than ****, but it -does- compile.  Lots of emits on misparsing the
> const (non-recursive const behavior.)  Ohy vey.

I'm not sure that I understand the problem. Is it that MSVC doesn't like
seeing two "const" markers in a type?

If you can give an example of "bad" and "good", then I'd be happy to get
stuff changed. And if you want to post the compilation output (or mail
directly to me), then I can clean up anything that doesn't follow the
bad/good pattern of const usage.

> Otoh, apr_file_lock broke win32, and I have a few other priorities on the

*nod* ... I had some code in mod_dav 1.0 to do the locking on Windows, but
it used a file descriptor. The apr_file_t structure only had a HANDLE, so I
wasn't sure where to go with that.

> plate today.  I'll get there as I can

I'll help if you can shoot me the compilation output and/or a good/bad
example.

thx!
-g

--