apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: new APR package
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:55:36 GMT
On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 07:59:41AM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Greg Stein wrote:
> > > Okay... we seem to have some general agreement to make a "non-core" APR
> > > package that contains the "purely portable" items. With that in mind, here
> > > are my rough ideas/notes on this:
> > >
> > > *) create a new CVS module: /home/cvs/aprutil
> > >    [ other suggested names? aprkitchensink? :-) ]
> > >    [ I'll refer to it as APRUTIL for this message's purposes... ]
> >
> > Would /home/cvs/apr-util be OK?  That would save me some structural foo
> > with mailing lists & all.
> >
> > Is a separate dev & cvs list desired?
>
> I was going to suggest /home/cvs/apr/util, in other words, make this a sub
> project of APR for now, and split it to it's own CVS repository later.
>
> Regardless, the dev and cvs mailing lists should be APR's, this should not
> have it's own mailing lists yet.  Think of this as an APR sister-project.

Let's make it a true sister project, rather than trying to split it later.
If we defer the split, then we just end up with a large Attic.

If we're starting from scratch, then the old difference between a new sister
CVS module and a sub-project is that the former is where we want to be
already.

But I definitely agree re: mailing lists.

===> Does anybody have any issue with having Brian spin up a new CVS module
     named apr-util?

Cheers,
-g

--