apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: new APR package
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:10:06 GMT
On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 06:45:03PM -0800, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Greg Stein wrote:
> > Okay... we seem to have some general agreement to make a "non-core" APR
> > package that contains the "purely portable" items. With that in mind, here
> > are my rough ideas/notes on this:
> >
> > *) create a new CVS module: /home/cvs/aprutil
> >    [ other suggested names? aprkitchensink? :-) ]
> >    [ I'll refer to it as APRUTIL for this message's purposes... ]
>
> Would /home/cvs/apr-util be OK?  That would save me some structural foo
> with mailing lists & all.

This will be fine, but let's hold off for a day or two. There hasn't been
any real discussion (based on my email proposal).

But one point to make: the CVS module will be "apr-FOO" (where FOO is util,
or some other name we decide upon).

> Is a separate dev & cvs list desired?

Nope.

IMO, the distinction is based on semantics and organizational needs. The
same set of people will be developing/maintaining it.

[ well, I could see that if we shift a bunch of Apache functionality into
  APRUTIL, then we might see more Apache folks want commit access to work on
  the stuff. ]

Cheers,
-g

--