apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: new APR package
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 02:06:38 GMT
On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 02:59:12AM +0100, Branko Cibej wrote:
> Greg Stein wrote:
>
> > I think that's all that I've got. Thoughts? Comments?
>
> Maybe tweak APR scrpits so that they automagically find, configure and
> build APRUTIL if somebody happens to unpack it (or checkout) in the APR
> top-level directory? Then those users of APR that need APRUTIL too will
> only have to deal with a single package (but would still link two
> libraries, of course).

The dependency goes the other way: APRUTIL depends upon APR. APR will know
nothing about APRUTIL.

Now... your statement could be applied to APRUTIL: if APRUTIL finds APR
unpacked inside it, then it would do the right magic.
[ much like SVN does sub-config on APR and Neon which are unpacked inside of
  its directory (altho the SVN case requires the subpackages) ]

It also seems feasible to create a "super package" of APR and APRUTIL. I
would even presume that if somebody builds an APR RPM, they would include
both libraries in it.

Cheers,
-g

--