apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/threadproc/win32 proc.c
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 21:33:27 GMT
On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 01:22:05PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > > We are asking for data that is const char * const *, but passing in
> > > char * const * data.  This causes incompatible pointer type warnings when
> > > compiling Apache.
> >
> > I tried to get all of those changed. Where did I miss?
>
> mod_cgi.c calls ap_create_priviledge_process, which was changed because of
> this change.

Ah, crap. I remember looking at that, but deferred. Forgot to come back to
it and get it fixed :-)

> If you want to fix this problem, then I will grudginly give this change a
> -0.  I personally think we should match the POSIX standard however.

Thank you. I really do think this is the proper semantic change for our
APIs. If there was going to be an underlying problem in the POSIX calls,
then I'd definitely agree with you and put them back (or possibly keep the
const to help callers, but copy the data within the routine).

In any case, I'm working on the problem above. Thanks for pointing it out.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/