apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Mission Statement
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 21:50:15 GMT
This is a good one, although we could change the last fragment to "... layer
to many operating systems, such as *nix, Windows, BeOS, and OS/2."

Somebody recently said OS/390 generally runs as Unix, so maybe we don't have
to list that one :-). Hrm. And there is Netware. Grr. Where does it end?! :-)

+1 on Karl's (maybe tweak the OS stuff)
+0 on Bill's (minus the daemon stuff)
-0 on Ryan's

Oh, and Karl: "unresolveable disagreement" ... don't be too sure on that. In
my previous email, I alluded to the question of "is APR a portability
library, or is it a utility library?" has come up and there are wildly
different opinions. Generally, we've stuck to portability, but the tension
between the two approaches is still there (friendly tension, tho)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/