apex-users mailing list archives

From Sunil Parmar <sunilosu...@gmail.com>
Subject how to find application master URL ( non proxy )
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2017 18:53:11 GMT
We're using plain vanilla version of apex in our environment ( no
datatorrent or dtgateway ). We're using STRAM API to access the application
details. We are able to find the STRAM endpoints from YARN application API.

http://<RM>:8088/ws/v1/cluster/apps?state=RUNNING

The tracking URL property points to STRAM service but it's exposed by YARN
web proxy. i.e.

http://<RM>:8088/proxy/application_1505865155823_0039/ws/v2/stram/
http://
<RM>:8088/proxy/application_1505865155823_0039/ws/v2/stram/logicalPlan
http://
<RM>:8088/proxy/application_1505865155823_0039/ws/v2/stram/physicalPlan
http://<RM>:8088/proxy/application_1505865155823_0039/ws/v2/stram/loggers

It works for monitoring but the limitation here though is that it only
allows users to submit "GET" type requests on STRAM api. So it doesn't
allow to run POST API  i.e. to change log level.

How to find direct application master tracking URL  ( no proxy ) ? Is there
a YARN api / STRAM api to do so ? So far I have found a brute force way to
scrap AM log to find it but I wanted to check with community experts if
there is a better way.

Thanks,
Sunil Parmar