apex-users mailing list archives

From Vivek Bhide <vivek.bh...@target.com>
Subject Re: How the application recovery works when its started with -originalAppId
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2017 00:13:55 GMT
Hi Pramod and Thomas

Below are my findings till now on this issue

1. Fix suggested by Pramod and fix made as apart of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXMALHAR-2526 are doing the same
thing
2. In the comments for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXMALHAR-2526
I found that, the new class KryoJavaSerializer.java is created to fix the
problem but kryo has already fixed this issue at their end too (in Dec 2016)
3. When checked the kryo version from apex-core, I found that it is
expecting version 2.24 which is quite old and latest kryo version (4.0.1)
has the fix included
4. So at the end only changes I needed were to update kryo version to latest
and continue using a JavaSerializer. On implementing these, Issue with
application recovery has resolved

I see that story https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXCORE-768 is
already created to update the kryo version and remove class
KryoJavaSerializer.java

Again this still doesn't answer the question that why kryo is not
serializing the custom implementation of LinkedHashMap at first place with
its default serialization

Regards
Vivek