apex-users mailing list archives

From Vivek Bhide <bhide.vi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Apex with Apache slider
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 18:49:36 GMT
Yes Thomas thats exactly what we are looking for. But using slider is a bit
trickier since slider manages the deployment of the application you give it
to it. Also as far as I have read, you need to have your whole project
structure as sliders expectation so that it can mange it by moving the code
to containers. Since a regular deployment of Apex just consist of moving an
.apa to some directory on any node in cluster (preferably edge node) and
then launching the application through Apex CLI using launch, we are not
sure as to what will change in terms of handling this task to slider

I am looking for some guidelines or possible sample implementation reference
that can give headstart

While searching, found this below proposal about Apex which does says that
/'Apache Slider is a YARN application to deploy existing distributed
applications on YARN, monitor them, and make them larger or smaller as
desired even when the application is running. Once Slider matures, we will
take a look at close integration of Apex with Slider.' /

which made me excited about using slider :)

Regards
Vivek