apex-users mailing list archives

From Amol Kekre <a...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to schedule an operator?
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 14:32:27 GMT
The only thing missing is to kick off a job, in case the ask is to use
resources the batch way "use and terminate once done". An operator that
keeps an eye and has ability to kick off a job suffices. Kicking off a
batch job can be done via any of the following

1. Files
   -> Start post all data arrival. Usually a .done file in a dir, which
triggers entire dir to be processed
   -> Start asap and end on .done
2. Message (a start message)

I think batch use cases are mainly #1. This technically is not a batch vs
stream use case, just a scheduler (Oozie like) part of batch.

Thks
Amol

E:amol@datatorrent.com | M: 510-449-2606 | Twitter: @*amolhkekre*

www.datatorrent.com