apex-users mailing list archives

From Vivek Bhide <bhide.vi...@gmail.com>
Subject How to set affinity between default unifier and its downstream operator
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2017 05:56:54 GMT
Hi

My application is connecting to Kafka topic with 2 partitions and there are
corresponding KafkaSinglePortInputOperator instances. Since there are more
than 1 instances, as per apex functionality, application has a default
unifier as a next downstream operator when deployed. Problem is unifier
operator and next downstream operator, dedupoperator, (defined in
populateDag as downstream operator to KafkaSinglePortInputOperator) are
getting deployed in same container. How can I make sure that unifier and
dedupoperator are getting their individual instances? I know that, ANTI
AFFINITY rule can be set in populateDag but how to set that rule with an
operator which is present only at the run time (unifier). Is there any
provision to prevent this from happening?

Regards
Vivek