apex-users mailing list archives

From Chris Benninger <cbennin...@phemi.com>
Subject Running shell commands which fork from within Operator exits with 143 exit code
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 19:02:42 GMT
Hi,

I have a little bit of a weird use-case but I'm running a script from
within an operator which forks a sub process using & (I know I know). Im
porting this from spark as a PoC and in Apex It seems to be sending the
parent shell process a SIGTERM resulting in a 143. When I remove the fork
(altering the output) it all works fine however.

my code:

String cmd = "bash myscript.sh"

Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(cmd, null, workingDir.toFile());
p.waitFor();

BufferedReader stdoutReader = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(p.getInputStream()));
String line;
while ((line = stdoutReader.readLine()) != null) {
    System.out.println(line);
}

BufferedReader stderrReader = new BufferedReader( new
InputStreamReader(p.getErrorStream()));
while ((line = stderrReader.readLine()) != null) {
    System.out.println(line);
}

int retValue = p.exitValue();
System.out.println("Exit code: "+retValue);

Any help appreciated.