apex-users mailing list archives

From Neeraj Vaidya <neeraj.vai...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Apache Apex Configuration Packages
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 03:14:07 GMT
Thanks. That answers my questions.
So, it is the operator name, as specified in the addOperator, which needs to be referenced
in the XML file.

Regards,
Neeraj

On Mon, 16/1/17, AJAY GUPTA <ajaygit158@gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Apache Apex Configuration Packages
 To: users@apex.apache.org, "Neeraj Vaidya" <neeraj.vaidya@yahoo.co.in>
 Date: Monday, 16 January, 2017, 1:50 PM

 1) Yes,
 the parameters need to be specified in properties.xml
 file.2 & 3) You can use and specify different
 properties for multiple instances of same operator in your
 logical DAG. Only the operator names should be
 different.
 For eg.
 Assume you declare 2 instances of HdfsInputOperator in
 prepareDag() as follows
 HdfsnputOperator o1 =
 dag.addOperator("hdfsInputOperator1",
 HdfsInputOperator.class);HdfsnputOperator o2
 = dag.addOperator("hdfsInputOperator2",
 HdfsInputOperator.class);

 specify which directory/file each operator should read, you
 can set their respective property as follows
 <property>
 <name>dt.operator.hdfsInputOperator1.prop.fileName</name>
 <name>dt.operator.hdfsInputOperator2.prop.fileName</name>

 On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at
 5:13 AM, Neeraj Vaidya <neeraj.vaidya@yahoo.co.in>