apex-users mailing list archives

From Tushar Gosavi <tus...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: HDHT question - looking for the datatorrent gurus!
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 16:49:01 GMT
Hi Jim,

Currently HDHT is accessible only to single operator in a DAG. Single
HDHT store can not be managed by two different operator at a time
which could cause metadata corruption. Theoretically HDHT bucket could
be read from multiple operators, but only one writer is allowed.

In your case a stage in transaction is processed completely by
different operator and then only next stage can start. It could still
be achieved by using a single operator which manages HDHT state, and
having a loop in DAG to send completed transaction ids to sequencer.

- Sequence operator will emit transaction to transaction processing operator.
- If it receives an out of order transaction it will note it down in HDHT.
- The processing operator will send completed transaction id on a port
which is connected back to sequence operator.
- On receiving data on this loopback port, sequence operator will
update HDHT and search for next transaction in order, which could be
stored in HDHT and will emit to next processing operator.

- Tushar.