apex-users mailing list archives

From d..@softiron.co.uk
Subject datatorrent gateway application package problem
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 23:06:56 GMT
I have the dtgateway running (community edition) with apex/malhar 3.4
and hadoop 2.7.4 on SuSE SLES 12.1 on an ARM64 server (aarch64).

In the Installation Wizard, I set the DFS location to:

hdfs://namenode:9000/user/dtadmin/datatorrent

and the gateway saves the hadoop configuration and restarts
successfully, but  I get an error:

Wrong FS: hdfs://namenode:9000/user/dtadmin/datatorrent, expected:
file:///

the 'service dtgateway status' command says it's running.
The log file has the same error as above, but nothing else useful.

Is there a manual way to move the demo apps into the gateway?

If I ignore this error and try to upload or import a demo app, I get the
same error.

What's odd is that the gateway does write into the HDFS directory:

Found 6 items
drwxrwxrwt   - dtadmin hadoop          0 2016-09-13 15:35
/user/dtadmin/datatorrent/appPackages
drwxrwxrwt   - dtadmin hadoop          0 2016-09-13 15:35
/user/dtadmin/datatorrent/apps
drwxrwxrwt   - dtadmin hadoop          0 2016-09-13 15:35
/user/dtadmin/datatorrent/conf
drwxrwxrwt   - dtadmin hadoop          0 2016-09-13 15:35
/user/dtadmin/datatorrent/dashboards
drwxrwxrwt   - dtadmin hadoop          0 2016-09-13 15:35
/user/dtadmin/datatorrent/licenses
drwxrwxrwt   - dtadmin hadoop          0 2016-09-13 15:35
/user/dtadmin/datatorrent/systemAlerts

I've tried playing with different ways to configure the DFS location,
but nothing works.
If I use an actual local filesystem directory, I get a different errro
from the installation wizard (Non-DFS file system is used:
org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalFileSystem), which makes sense.  But if I
ignore this error, the app wizard successsfully writes packages into the
local directory, but I can't launch them (no surprise there).

Anybody have any ideas what I can do?

thanks much.
-david