apex-users mailing list archives

From Chinmay Kolhatkar <chin...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Input Operator Activate vs Setup
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 13:01:57 GMT
Hi Alex,

setup and activate both are guaranteed to be called before starting of
dataflow. Hence in your case either should be fine.

There might be few hundred ms of gap between setup call and the first
window. activate is called just before first beginWindow.
Hence my preference would be to initialize of connections in activate
rather than setup going by the idea of relinquish the resources as late as
possible and release them as early is possible.

Just make sure that the finalization of resources is done in the matching
function (teardown / deactivate).

-Chinmay.