apex-users mailing list archives

From "Mukkamula, Suryavamshivardhan (CWM-NR)" <suryavamshivardhan.mukkam...@rbc.com>
Subject handling French Characters using AbstractFileInputOperator
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 15:29:51 GMT
Hi,

I have files on HDFS with French characters that I need to write to another file on HDFS.
I am using AbstractFileInputOperator.java which has the following method that can stream the
input file. Can you please suggest how would I handle the French characters ? (I suppose I
should pass the character encoding UTF8 to generate the inputstream but not sure how would
I achieve that).

###############method from AbstractFileInputOperator.java####################

protected InputStream openFile(Path path) throws IOException
  {
    currentFile = path.toString();
    offset = 0;
    retryCount = 0;
    skipCount = 0;
    LOG.info("opening file {}", path);
    InputStream input = fs.open(path);
    return input;
  }

Regards,
Surya Vamshi

If you received this email in error, please advise the sender (by return email or otherwise)
immediately. You have consented to receive the attached electronically at the above-noted
email address; please retain a copy of this confirmation for future reference.

Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur immédiatement, par
retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen. Vous avez accepté de recevoir le(s) document(s)
ci-joint(s) par voie électronique à l'adresse courriel indiquée ci-dessus; veuillez conserver
une copie de cette confirmation pour les fins de reference future.