apex-users mailing list archives

From "McCullough, Alex" <Alex.McCullo...@capitalone.com>
Subject Input Operator Activate vs Setup
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 12:40:50 GMT
If I have an input operator the connects to an IMDG (hazelcast) and is polling a queue to emit
in to my dag, should I put the code to make the connection and get the queue in my setup or
activate method?

I’m not sure what would drive you to put it in one or another. My thought was to handle
the connection in setup and then have a Boolean that controls whether the emitTuples method
is polling the queue be toggled true/false by the activate and deactivate methods.

When looking at malhar I see examples of this sort of thing handled in a bunch of different
ways, any advice on what should be handled in each method?

Thanks,
Alex

material from your computer.