apex-users mailing list archives

From Tushar Gosavi <tus...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Inputs needed on File Writer
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 09:47:08 GMT
Hi Surya,

Launching Apex application.

1) Using apex cli, you can write a script to launch an Application

Kill an application.
apex -e "kill-app <appid>"

This could be integrated with oozie shell action to launch and kill the app.

2) Using REST api.
If you are using RTS release, you can use rest api to launch the Application
http://docs.datatorrent.com/dtgateway_api/

Upload the application package from ui.
POST /ws/v2/appPackages/{owner}/{packageName}/{packageVersion}/applications/{appName}/launch[?config={configName}&originalAppId={originalAppId}&queue={queueName}]
you can also send new configuration as payload. This api will return
application id

To shutdown an app you can use following API
POST /ws/v2/applications/{appid}/shutdown

3) Keep the application running with less resources.
If you are using AbstractFileInputOperator then you could set
partitionCount property to 1 when app has
completed processing files using apex cli (set-operator-property
command). And later increase it, when
you want to increase the speed of the processing.

Or

you can implement your custom statslistener to reduce/increase the
number of partition by monitoring stats, (for example take a look at
com.datatorrent.lib.partitioner.StatelessThroughputBasedPartitioner,
com.datatorrent.lib.partitioner.StatsAwareStatelessPartitioner)

Regards,
-Tushar.