apex-users mailing list archives

From "Martin, Eric" <Eric.Mart...@capitalone.com>
Subject Question on KafkaInputOperator - with kafka 0.8.2.1
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 21:16:30 GMT
Hi all,

I am using the 0.8.x version of the Kafka Input Operators. When using these operators, I am
able to run the application fine while using kafka version 0.8.1.1. However, if I use version
0.8.2.x, I am not able to run the application even though the kafka cluster that I am connecting
is running on 0.8.2.1.

The exception that I am getting is:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: kafka.cluster.Broker.getConnectionString()Ljava/lang/String;

at com.datatorrent.contrib.kafka.KafkaMetadataUtil.getBrokers(KafkaMetadataUtil.java:114)
at com.datatorrent.contrib.kafka.KafkaConsumer.initBrokers(KafkaConsumer.java:131)
at com.datatorrent.contrib.kafka.AbstractKafkaInputOperator.definePartitions(AbstractKafkaInputOperator.java:488)

It would appear that the getConnectionString() method is not supported in kafka 0.8.2.x. Using
0.8.1.x is not a huge issue for most things, but I am looking to keep track of offsets in
topics and this only appears to be available with kafka 0.8.2.x.

Is there any known work around for this issue, so that I can use 0.8.2.x in the application?

Thanks,
Eric

material from your computer.