apex-users mailing list archives

From Munagala Ramanath <...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Application restarts
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 22:50:07 GMT
If your field type is *org.joda.time.DateTime* and declared thus:

*DateTime jodaDateTime;*

How about just adding these imports:

*import com.esotericsoftware.kryo.serializers.FieldSerializer.Bind;*
*import de.javakaffee.kryoserializers.jodatime.JodaDateTimeSerializer;*

and adding this annotation just above the field declaration, like so:

*@FieldSerializer.Bind(JodaDateTimeSerializer.class)*

*DateTime jodaDateTime;*

Ram

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Raja.Aravapalli <Raja.Aravapalli@target.com
> wrote:

> Thanks a lot Ram for the response.
>
> Yes, I am relaunching with application Id.
>
> The usage related information in the documentation links are like bit
> heavy for the knowledge I have… do we have a simple example on how to use?
>
> By the way, I want to use JodaTime DateTime Serializer which are already
> available I believe. Any help for using DateTime JodaDateTimeSerializer()
> ?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>

> Regards,
> Raja.
>
> From: Munagala Ramanath <ram@datatorrent.com>
> Date: Monday, June 20, 2016 at 4:32 PM
> To: "users@apex.apache.org" <users@apex.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Application restarts
>
> By "relaunches" I assume you mean you're launching with the previous
> application ID ?
>
> When you do that, the platform attempts to restore state from the
> previously saved serialized form.
> To do that, it needs to firstcreate the object with a no-arg constructor
> and then populate it.
> If that constructor is absent, you get the exception.
>
> Please see the section entitled "Application throwing following Kryo
> exception"
> at
> http://docs.datatorrent.com/troubleshooting/#application-throwing-following-kryo-exception
>
> Ram
>
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Raja.Aravapalli <
> Raja.Aravapalli@target.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> During application relaunches I am getting serialization exceptions like
>> below, but not when launching the application for the first time ….
>>
>> Caused by: com.esotericsoftware.kryo.KryoException: Class cannot be created (missing
no-arg constructor): org.joda.time.chrono.ISOChronology
>> Serialization trace:
>> iChronology (org.joda.time.DateTime)
>>

>> I am seeing these exception only when doing relaunches not for the first time launching!!
Relaunch can be any of the scenario like, KILLED or SHUTDOWN!!