apex-users mailing list archives

From Chinmay Kolhatkar <chin...@apache.org>
Subject Apache Apex sandbox docker image
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2016 07:00:44 GMT
Dear Community,

During integration with Bigtop, I realized that for users of Apex it would
be great if a ready to use sandbox environment is present.

Hence, I took it a step further and created a very simple to use docker
image for apex users.

It is extremely simple to use and give a quick test sandbox environment
with all of hadoop setup complexities already being taken care of.
This sandbox is created using bigtop hadoop and bigtop apex packages.

All you need to do is follow 2 steps and you're ready to launch apex
application in sandbox:
1. docker pull chinmayk/apex:ubuntu-14.04
2. docker run -it --name=apex-sandbox chinmay/apex:ubuntu-14.04

Details on advance use is here: https://hub.docker.com/r/chinmayk/apex/

This docker image includes following things:
1. bigtop-hadoop installed and FS initialized.
2. hadoop starts automatically when docker container is started
3. bigtop-apex installed
4. apex & dtcli is available in PATH.
5. man page for "apex" is available.
6. "apex" user is created with password as "apex" and is in sudoers list.
7. apex user is allowed to write to hadoop.

If you get chance, please try it out and provide your feedback.

Thanks,
Chinmay.