apex-users mailing list archives

From Jim <...@facility.supplies>
Subject Application Memory Reducing
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2016 13:36:58 GMT
I have successfully built my first test Apex package on the most recent Sandbox, but only one
half of it can start because of memory allocation.

>From the article:

http://docs.datatorrent.com/tutorials/topnwords-c7/#managing-memory-allocation-for-containers

I have put the following into my properties.xml:

<property>
  <name>dt.application.*.attr.MASTER_MEMORY_MB</name>
  <value>1024</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dt.application.*.operator.*.attr.MEMORY_MB</name>
  <value>200</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dt.application.*.operator.*.port.*.attr.BUFFER_MEMORY_MB</name>
  <value>200</value>
</property>

Yet the memory allocated to my operators is still 1 GB each for the most part (1 exception
has 2 GB), as can be seen below:

[cid:image001.jpg@01D167C3.A5C17DE0]

I would like to get this down to 512MB per operator - what is not allowing the settings to
take?

I did see a comment where it may be the yarn configuration, but I don't know where that is
within the Datatorrent Apex Sandbox configuration; nor do I know if there is anything else
that could be causing this?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim

jim@facility.supplies (414) 760-7711
The information contained in this communication, including any files or attachments transmitted
with it, may contain copyrighted information or information that is confidential and exempt
from disclosure under applicable laws and regulations, is intended only for the use of the
recipient(s) named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, files or attachments, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender
immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system.
If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.