apex-users mailing list archives

From Bhupesh Chawda <bhupeshcha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What-if analysis with apex
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 11:06:14 GMT
Hi Amit,

>From what I understand, you can do something like the following:
You can create a DAG like:

O1 -> O2

where O1 is an input operator while O2 is an output operator.

O1 listens for changes in values in a table / multiple tables. I assume
that the user change will result in change of some data in one of the
tables. Listening for a change may include monitoring a set of tables for
any change. This may be achieved by continuously / intermittently querying
the table for any change. In case this becomes very IO intensive, you can
use something like database triggers which update a meta data table with
the change that has happened.

Once the change is detected, O1 sends the change to O2 which according to a
set of rules defined in it, can update the corresponding target stores. The
set of rules that you define is analogous to the excel macros that are
defined.

It would help if you also mention what is the data store that you are using
and how is the user change captured. Also, how large is the rule set which
you are considering for your use case?

-Bhupesh

--
Regards,