apex-dev mailing list archives

From Pramod Immaneni <pra...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Malhar release 3.8.0
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2017 20:06:11 GMT
If we go by the strict definition of [1], I guess everything can be
considered optional because each component in the library is pretty much
independent. But if we look at it another way, the project can
consider certain modules as important and main and others as optional. I
think the pom.xml profile distinction shows one such intent. Like I said,
the intent should be to fix the ones you identified but if it were not
possible, I think modules like examples, contrib and other in the
all-modules and not in the main profile could be considered optional for
the licensing purposes.

1.https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Vlad Rozov <vrozov@apache.org> wrote:

> IMO, it is only usage that may be optional, whether a module is included
> into a profile that is not enabled by default does not define it's usage.
>
> It is also possible to consider entire library as optional, somebody may
> use only one operator from the entire library.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Vlad
>

> On 11/1/17 12:49, Pramod Immaneni wrote:
>
>> I was thinking of it more in terms of optional that Justin mentioned
>> earlier.
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Vlad Rozov <vrozov@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> It does not matter whether sql (and demos) is part of the main profile or
>>> not. It is a source release, not a binary release and source includes all
>>> profiles.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Vlad
>>>

>>> On 11/1/17 11:50, Pramod Immaneni wrote:
>>>
>>> Vlad can you add this command to the release instructions and the

Tests

Apache

Given

is a mention of